Motor Pull

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
I actually have never pulled both together, I’m sure the front clip would have to be removed. Honestly the housing bolts can be a pain if your working on the ground but it’s not to bad. I’ve currently got my front bumper, core support and both fenders off of mine, ran into a tree. Got lucky and picked up a parts truck for 500$ with all the body parts I need in the same color. Even with all of that out of the way I just pulled the bell housing bolts out. I put a jack under my trans and pulled the cross member out that way I could lower it that way I could get better access to the housing bolts.

Reaction score
I actually have never pulled both together, I’m sure the front clip would have to be removed. Honestly the housing bolts can be a pain if your working on the ground but it’s not to bad. I’ve currently got my front bumper, core support and both fenders off of mine, ran into a tree. Got lucky and picked up a parts truck for 500$ with all the body parts I need in the same color. Even with all of that out of the way I just pulled the bell housing bolts out. I put a jack under my trans and pulled the cross member out that way I could lower it that way I could get better access to the housing bolts.
I’ll try that first for sure thats definitely a good idea, was getting so mad yesterday sitting on top of the motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reaction score
Stopped at about 12:30 last night, have to figure out what’s hanging it up, I found some metal fuel lines to the intake I had to disconnect but may have to pull them from the fuel filter and pull it with the block and tranny I guess. So close

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
unless you've got a tall hoist you may need to pull the radiator support to get the engine and tranny as an assembly. Or a helper to pick up the transmission when the engine clears the core support.

Reaction score
unless you've got a tall hoist you may need to pull the radiator support to get the engine and tranny as an assembly. Or a helper to pick up the transmission when the engine clears the core support.
I’ll give that a shot, headed back home now

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ll give that a shot, headed back home now

Has been awhile since I had ambitions to do this stuff, but in the old days, it was about as easy to remove rear cross member and lower back of transmission and use a long extension with a universal to reach the upper bell housing bolts and then raise trans back up and slide cross member back in to hold rear of trans up while you block front and remove lower bell housing bolts. And in seeing your aggravation and headache here reminds me of why those major jobs are not on my to do list anymore. Good luck in your efforts Travis.

Reaction score
Has been awhile since I had ambitions to do this stuff, but in the old days, it was about as easy to remove rear cross member and lower back of transmission and use a long extension with a universal to reach the upper bell housing bolts and then raise trans back up and slide cross member back in to hold rear of trans up while you block front and remove lower bell housing bolts. And in seeing your aggravation and headache here reminds me of why those major jobs are not on my to do list anymore. Good luck in your efforts Travis.
I appreciate it, I’ll keep you posted on what I find, it definitely isn’t as fun as working on my old 73 C10, a lot more wiring and sensors.

Reaction score
I am with you on that 73 C10 that was my hay day, man I miss them old trucks and the simplicity.

High school with a 350 small block thinking it was the coolest thing to sit on the wheel well and work on the carb right there