Morimoto Matchbox Projectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these in our composite headlights yet? They claim to be the smallest projector in existence, and were designed for fog lights, so I figure they should fit. They also look to be the easiest retrofit I've seen so far, requiring FAR less cutting than TSX projectors, which is a good thing, since the more you have to cut, the more chances you have of screwing it up! :superhack:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...-xenon-fog-light-projectors.html#.VG3Ogh_R79Q

You must be registered for see images

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They're definitely small but since they're meant for fogs, may not be a good pattern for headlight use.

Regardless, would be cool to see a pair in each housing, highs and lows. :gr_grin: Yeah I looked and saw they're high/low capable, but hey, 4 projectors yeah baby!

Edit - hmm, also, uses H4 bulb though says slight mods can let others be used with them.

Richard

Last edited:

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They're definitely small but since they're meant for fogs, may not be a good pattern for headlight use.

Regardless, would be cool to see a pair in each housing, highs and lows. :gr_grin: Yeah I looked and saw they're high/low capable, but hey, 4 projectors yeah baby!

Edit - hmm, also, uses H4 bulb though says slight mods can let others be used with them.

Richard

Hey now, 4low/4high isn't all that bad of an idea. It's too bad that HID stuff is so expensive or else I'd be all over that.

brockstar15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is this what you're talking about?

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
I am putting some Morimoto Mini 2.0 D2S in my burb that has quad lights and boy it is a challenge because I gotta cut up the headlight, the bucket, and then the headlight bracket and possibly some of the core support is that needed for the composites most likely not because the composites are a little deeper but I want the class because I head the projectors fog the plastic

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
Heres some progress pictures