Mobil1 High Mileage 5w-30?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Royal Purple and Amsoil are also great alternatives to Mobil 1... A lot pricier though..

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Royal Purple and Amsoil are also great alternatives to Mobil 1... A lot pricier though..

Only $5 more for a 5 quart jug of RP :shrug: I've been told Amsoil is good and it probably is but everyone promoting or selling it is an ass and/or completely dishonest so I won't buy it. No offense to any members on here, that's just been my experience with it.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
I run quaker state...

Nobody else?
Well I guess I'm the only cheapo here.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Only $5 more for a 5 quart jug of RP :shrug: I've been told Amsoil is good and it probably is but everyone promoting or selling it is an ass and/or completely dishonest so I won't buy it. No offense to any members on here, that's just been my experience with it.

I don't know of any place with Royal Purple at $30 for a 5 quart jug, you'll have to enlighten me.

The cheapest I've seen is $37 for a 5 quart....which is $12 more than Mobil 1. $5 a quart for Mobil 1 is rough enough, I'm not paying over $7 a quart for RP.... Just sayin...

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
$30 for 5 quarts of royal purple is pretty cheap. I can get parts 10% on cost and it would cost more than that, but I've never seen a jug of it either. Which Royal Purple are you talking about? There's a few different ones, I've never seen the cheaper ones in stores though.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've run conventional valvoline and so did the PO. I just figured that the 150,000+ mile motor didnt leak or sneeze out a drop between 3,000 mile oil changes so why change it? I've literally put synthetic blend for the first time. If it looks worst at 3,000 miles than conventional its probably going back haha.

Also I get oil at cost... Where the heck are you getting royal purple for <30 a 5qt jug. I know i can but where else

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
I've run conventional valvoline and so did the PO. I just figured that the 150,000+ mile motor didnt leak or sneeze out a drop between 3,000 mile oil changes so why change it? I've literally put synthetic blend for the first time. If it looks worst at 3,000 miles than conventional its probably going back haha.

Also I get oil at cost... Where the heck are you getting royal purple for <30 a 5qt jug. I know i can but where else

If you have been running conventional oil for 150k and just switched to synthetic, you'll find the oil to be pretty dirty the first oil change or two. The synthetic tends to clean the engine out of everything the conventional oil leaves behind.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
If you have been running conventional oil for 150k and just switched to synthetic, you'll find the oil to be pretty dirty the first oil change or two. The synthetic tends to clean the engine out of everything the conventional oil leaves behind.

true that! I have farted around with a bunch of oils and additives, all i can say is Mobil1 kicks ass, not to be confused with mobil super oil or whatever. I Think there is a reason the majority of the exotic and high end performance cars are factory equipped with Mobil1. Just my opinion.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I almost went CENPECO oil but I actually get Brad Penn cheaper. In my car I use Global synthetic, I get it for $17 for a 5 quart jug. It's a brand most parts stores use for their oil. It doesn't work well in engines that use oil but as cheap as it is I don't care. I think the regular price is $24.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
I switched to Mobil 1 some 30,000miles ago on my old engine. It definitely cleaned it out.
The engine did spin the #1 rod bearing at 196,000 miles and the old long block is sitting on an engine stand not more than 5 feet away from me.
It looks very clean for the mileage.

My new engine will get Valvoline conventional for the first few old changes, then I'll switch back to Mobil 1.
I haven't decided to stay with 5w-30 or go with 10w-30.

Last edited: