Mobil 1 0w-40

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Though I run Amsoil in the main truck (sig), the beater gets Mobil 1 Extended performance 5w30 in the winter, and 10w30 in the summer because I run synthetic in everything. With 5w30 in the winter, consumption is about 1/2 a quart between 3000 mile changes, and 10w30 yields the same in summer. I was just wondering if anyone has used M1 0w-40 in their trucks year round with good results. It has worked magic with my friends' ***** fleet, and Ive done some reading about its use with LT1 f body and b body cars. The point of this is that I might be able to purchase in bulk for a good price, and just want to hear from whomever has tried it. Lets keep this oil thread in check and on topic gentlemen.

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We run 5/40 in some of our more oil hungry farm gassers. Keeps good cold start flow and high temp protection. The only complaint I have ever heard or 5/40 (0/40 for that matter) is that oils w/ a high split in the #'s break down faster. I am not an oil expert but cannot say I have ever seen that issue.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only complaint I have ever heard or 5/40 (0/40 for that matter) is that oils w/ a high split in the #'s break down faster.

Im not concerned about that as 0-40 is mobil 1's only true group IV synthetic. Thanks for the input.

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mobile 1 is what we use, it is good oil so I'm w/ you and I'm not worried.

I do take an oil analysis yearly on every truck just as maintenance and have never seen an issue.

Source Unknown