Mild Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
For now, I'll just get my 3/4 ton T-Bars installed and see what I can get done with them...the stiffer Tbars might be enough to keep my fender rub down. Thanks for everything though guys!

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
Update! Crawled under it yesterday to see if I could crank the current bars up to level, and they are both nearly cranked all the way! haha that with 26" drivers side fender height and 25" passenger side height. My t-bars are definitely shot! Guess I should get the 3/4 ones shoved under it sooner, rather than later.

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
Got the 3/4 ton bars free, so gonna use them. Got lucky and my auto-shop at school had the t-bar tool to back off the keys, so I got the tension off of them, but I couldn't get the tbars to move. Ended up unbolting the tbar crossmember from the frame and pulling back on it and both bars popped right out of the control arms, so now they're just froze up in the keys. Have them soaking in PB Blaster overnight, and will try beating them out tomorrow after school. If that doesn't work I'll drop the tranny crossmember and pull the bars and crossmember out as one piece, and use our big press at school to knock them out. Guess my truck is out of commission for a while, which I don't mind, cause I get to drive my grandpas project car until I get the truck put back together, which is a 1962 Studebaker GT Hawk :) :) :) haha
You must be registered for see images attach

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Put some heat to it haha, mine cranks to different heights too, i cranked both up then backed one down to level

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
Put some heat to it haha, mine cranks to different heights too, i cranked both up then backed one down to level

Don't have a torch anymore :( wish I did, as right now I've also got a broken off exhaust manifold bolt stuck in my right head. Will definitely resort to heat if the press doesn't work, but it should. And I'm not just swapping the 3/4 ton tbars to get it to crank more evenly, as I originally got them almost a year ago just because I wanted some heavier ones, and they were free.

Last edited:

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
Got the bars swapped! Gotta love PB Blaster! Unfortunately, the rotation arrows were worn off of the ends of them, so there's a 50/50 chance that they are in backwards :( but it rides smoothly, and it's level now. Turned out great! Sitting at 37" fender height on both sides.
You must be registered for see images attach