Mild Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
yea front looks about right my bad. you can modify a blaajoint press to work on torsion bars, or at least thats what we use. go sas dont bother with the ifs.

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
You should prob crank them to level haha

I'll try to tomorrow....the rear spring hangers and shackles are pretty bent out of shape, so it sits weird in the rear, and throws the whole truck off some. Guess maybe I just need to spring for some new wheels, seeing that the only reason I was looking into this lift is because these wheels stick out further than stock and cause tire rub during upward flex.

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
My tires measure at 31.5"
Hmmm I converted your tires out to 32.8", and mine 31.7? I guess tread depth would come into play too though.
yea front looks about right my bad. you can modify a blaajoint press to work on torsion bars, or at least thats what we use. go sas dont bother with the ifs.
Yeah I might look into something like that...gotta get my '56 put back together enough to roll it out of the garage, then i'll tackle my Tbars.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Hmmm I converted your tires out to 32.8", and mine 31.7? I guess tread depth would come into play too though.

Yeah I might look into something like that...gotta get my '56 put back together enough to roll it out of the garage, then i'll tackle my Tbars.

Tire convertor is just a calculation not actual, mine are brand new and measure 31.5, tread depth is 7/16"

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
Mine are nearly new, 18.5/32 in tread depth, and with a tape measure they look to be about 31.5...so we're about the same....so I SHOULD have at least an inch more to crank on the drivers side, and 2 inches on the passenger side....guess i'll have to experiment tomorrow and see if I can get anything out of them

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Hey, I'm looking into a mild lift for my 88 RCLB, and have stumbled upon a local Skyjacker C256 lift. Contains A-Arms, Diff Brackets, and rear add-a-leafs. Anybody ever used this lift? Says its supposed to be 2-2.5" of lift, and it looks like it drops the diff some, so it would be a little more CV axle friendly than torsion keys. Any thoughts?

Ok, I will go against what everyone else says... If you can get this kit for $100 and you are replacing all frontend parts anyways and you ONLY want 2" of lift this will be better than just cranking the torsion bars. Think about it, the upper control arms are correcting the upper balljoint angle and the diff bracket is helping the cv shaft angles, the only thing not corrected is the lower balljoint angle. I would also recommend replacing your shocks with Bilstein shocks and your truck being an 88 new torsion bars may be needed yours are probably fatigued and sag a little. (Mine are and it's a 94). So this doesn't sound bad for $100 but I would definitely recommend a 4" RCX if you want to do it right though but I understand if you can't afford it.

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
Ok, I will go against what everyone else says... If you can get this kit for $100 and you are replacing all frontend parts anyways and you ONLY want 2" of lift this will be better than just cranking the torsion bars. Think about it, the upper control arms are correcting the upper balljoint angle and the diff bracket is helping the cv shaft angles, the only thing not corrected is the lower balljoint angle. I would also recommend replacing your shocks with Bilstein shocks and your truck being an 88 new torsion bars may be needed yours are probably fatigued and sag a little. (Mine are and it's a 94). So this doesn't sound bad for $100 but I would definitely recommend a 4" RCX if you want to do it right though but I understand if you can't afford it.

Yeah money is definitely the main problem here...I'm not really looking for a huge lift kit, just enough to keep my tires out of my fenders. Believe me if I had the $$ it'd be sas'd