MakattakZ71's 98 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

makattakz71

Reaction score
Just joined the site and I wanted to post pics of my truck. I have had to replace everything on this truck that is known to fail, but wouldn't trade it for anything. My dad had a 92 Z71, and I've liked them since. The transmission was rebuilt and the guy used heavy duty parts and ported it. The fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, EGR, TPS, alternator, starter, and waterpump have been replaced. I sold the topper and wheel to wheel runningboards and installed a roll up cover, lund running boards, and silverstar low beams. I need to replace the pitman arm and idler arm, then I can start on the wish list: NBS 16" chrome rims, 18" magnaflow muffler (keeping the rest stock), fog lights, high beam conversion, silverstar high beams, fix the tailgate, and repair the surface rust on the doors. It's a MN truck, but the only rust is on the bottom of the doors. Last thing on the list is the stereo and speakers. It has 180,000+, but it's paid off and it's ALL MINE.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well hello a fellow MN member!:wave: Where are you located? I'm up by pine city (about 1 hr north of twin cities)

Also if you cherish your rockers and cab corners take those fiber glass steps off if you ever plan on driving it during the winter.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice looking truck, love the color. Be prepared to spend lots of money on it because of this site lol.....

makattakz71

Reaction score
1997Chevydriver-I'm not too far away, in Monticello. I planned on putting on nerf bars instead of the fiberglass running boards, but decided I didn't like how low the bars hung. If there's a set that snug up closer to the body, I'd be game to put them on. Still undecided about bed rails.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1997Chevydriver-I'm not too far away, in Monticello. I planned on putting on nerf bars instead of the fiberglass running boards, but decided I didn't like how low the bars hung. If there's a set that snug up closer to the body, I'd be game to put them on. Still undecided about bed rails.

That last picture you have. Is there a park near by? Was that street worked on last year (curbs, sidewalk)? If so I believe I was one of the sod layers on that job :lol:

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and my nurf bars dont hang anylower than the lund steps my truck used to have.

makattakz71

Reaction score
I took those pictures at Ellison park, by the river. My wife just shook her head saying "boys and their toys". What brand are your nerf bars, they look like what I want in your pics.