Main bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig Faria

Reaction score
I have a 91 Chevy Silverado k2500 light duty. It has six lug hubs, 350 tbi and 700r4 trans. Truck has original engine with just over 240k miles. I’m getting a internal tick but only when it’s warm. When the trucks cold you can not hear it but as it warms up it gets worse. I have not opened up engine to check and see if i could find the source of noise. Anybody have any ideas what it could possible be besides a spun bearing. Maybe loose rocker arm ? And in the event that it is in fact a spun bearing, I want to get a crate motor for it because the truck has overheated a time or two, it would mainly overheat when the engine was running at low rpm’s or idle. When revving up temp would return to normal after about 15-20 seconds. I need to know if it’s two or four bolt main. With it being a K2500 4x4 light duty it’s got me not sure if they used a four bolt or two. What do you guys think could be wrong with my motor ? Any pointers on if it’s a two or four bolt main? Thank you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
as to the two or four bolt main, either A) Drop the pan and find out. B) Get a casting number on the block and search that online. Your ticking is most likely a lifter. When the oil is hot if a lifter has a tired spring in it or a pitted check ball it will cause the hot thin oil to leak out of the lifter faster than it should opening up your valve clearance. Or a loose rocker arm. Get it ticking, find out which rocker cover it comes from and go from there.