MAF Sensor/Fuel Trim/ Vacuum Leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought the same things about all the lines being hard lines untill recently. If you crawl under your truck, and look on the drivers side, you will see a small section where both of the fuel lines have a rubber hose on them.it can be crimped there. Its rite about where your feet are when driving, but under the floor board.
Yes, you are correct sir. I was replacing the t-r-a-n-n-y on my 99 NBS and know exactly where you are talking about...it's where the lines come from the frame rail and "jump" to the transmission case and run up the bellhousing up to the fire wall. The area of the "jump" is flexible hoses.

I think since OP had already torn into the intake upper plenum he could rig something up. When I did something similar on my 5.3 I bought an assortment of vacuum caps at the local parts store, then those small hose clamps that I think are supposed to be used for fuel lines? It was temporarily and it worked just fine.

Marcos Beltran

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, now that I think about it, more like a leaky FPR than check ball failure. I would just go ahead and replace the spider injector assembly while you are in there. They come with a new FPR.
I have the plenum off and its dry, no leaks. When i turn the key on and the pump sends pressure to the regulator it doesnt leak. Isnt it supposed to have gas dripping out if its bad?

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the plenum off and its dry, no leaks. When i turn the key on and the pump sends pressure to the regulator it doesnt leak. Isnt it supposed to have gas dripping out if its bad?
I think there's a diaphragm in them. They can leak infernally or externally. Look up a video on how to diagnose it...

Marcos Beltran

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crimped the return line and still lose pressure. It goes down to about between 30 to 20 psi then slowly tapers after that. So no leaks at the regulator and injectors and check valve bypass still the same out come. About to junk this MFer, tired of messing with it, lol.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crimped the return line and still lose pressure. It goes down to about between 30 to 20 psi then slowly tapers after that. So no leaks at the regulator and injectors and check valve bypass still the same out come.
You pulled the injector nozzles out of the manifold, so you can verify they're not leaking? Or you can see that the ports are dry?

Sounds like a failed fuel pump, or a pinhole leak in the hose connecting the fuel pump to the rest of the fuel system. A leak near the pump wouldn't make a puddle on the ground, since it's inside the gas tank.

Marcos Beltran

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You pulled the injector nozzles out of the manifold, so you can verify they're not leaking? Or you can see that the ports are dry?

Sounds like a failed fuel pump, or a pinhole leak in the hose connecting the fuel pump to the rest of the fuel system. A leak near the pump wouldn't make a puddle on the ground, since it's inside the gas tank.
Yes sir pulled each injector and verified. Also ports are **** dry. That was actually my next guess but the thing is i pulled the pump out to check it and the hose is brand new. Gonna take back the pump to autozone for the warranty and should get a new hose with the kit. But other that the only place the leak would be is the tank. Everywhere else is dry, metal fuel lines, rubber lines, injectors, injector lines, and regulator.

Marcos Beltran

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes sir pulled each injector and verified. Also ports are **** dry. That was actually my next guess but the thing is i pulled the pump out to check it and the hose is brand new. Gonna take back the pump to autozone for the warranty and should get a new hose with the kit. But other that the only place the leak would be is the tank. Everywhere else is dry, metal fuel lines, rubber lines, injectors, injector lines, and regulator.
Dont know why the asterisks **** were used. I typed in **** DRY.