MAF Sensor/Fuel Trim/ Vacuum Leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcos Beltran

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there's a diaphragm in them. They can leak infernally or externally. Look up a video on how to diagnose it...
That makes some sense now. Theres a little hissing noise coming from it when you turn the key and it gets pressurized. I was thinking that was the sound of the gas going through it.

Marcos Beltran

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You pulled the injector nozzles out of the manifold, so you can verify they're not leaking? Or you can see that the ports are dry?

Sounds like a failed fuel pump, or a pinhole leak in the hose connecting the fuel pump to the rest of the fuel system. A leak near the pump wouldn't make a puddle on the ground, since it's inside the gas tank.
Just replaced pump and rubber hose. Still the same. Someone mentioned that these regulators can leak internally.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the return hose is pinched closed, the internally-leaking regulator wouldn't make much difference--as soon as the hose ahead of the pinch fills up, there's no more pressure loss.

Marcos Beltran

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the return hose is pinched closed, the internally-leaking regulator wouldn't make much difference--as soon as the hose ahead of the pinch fills up, there's no more pressure loss.
Not being a smart ass but can you explain the hissing noise coming from the regulator when being pressurized? Seems like theres 61 psi going past the fuel gauge and registering there bit its coming straight out the regulator cause its hissing simultaneously when the pump is on. And its not the pump making the noise its sounds like air escaping directly out of the regulator.

Marcos Beltran

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pump is putting out 70+ psi, regulator bleeds some pressure down the return hose to achieve 61 psi of regulated pressure?
Thats what im getting at. I dont think any kind of pressurized fuel is even getting to the return line. It sounds and seems like the pressure/air is getting directly blown out the regulator. Is that even possible?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats what im getting at. I dont think any kind of pressurized fuel is even getting to the return line. It sounds and seems like the pressure/air is getting directly blown out the regulator. Is that even possible?
Disconnect the return hose, run the fuel pump. You'll soon find out if the regulator is pushing fuel down the return plumbing.

I'd completely expect fuel in the return system when the pump runs. I'd be concerned if there weren't.

Marcos Beltran

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disconnect the return hose, run the fuel pump. You'll soon find out if the regulator is pushing fuel down the return plumbing.

I'd completely expect fuel in the return system when the pump runs. I'd be concerned if there weren't.
Okay so i disconnected return line right before it goes into tank and confirmed that there is fuel going back to tank. Reconnected return line. Also replaced regulator with new one and still leaks pressure. I isolated the fuel line that feeds gas to the injectors. So from the tank to the end of the fuel line right before it reaches the injectors it keeps 61 psi. So only thing left that can leak is the spider injector assembly right? Even though there is no visible fuel leakage something is causing the fuel system not to keep its pressure and all other parts have been checked twice. Thats the only logical part left.