Made changes, opinions needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've made a few changes after the drop. Removed trim and painted tail gate. Painted door mirrors body color and added wider trim rings to the wheels. What i was thinking was painting the grill factory color. Not the complete grill just the black trim. Its faded where it was black so I was thinking the green might look good. Any opinions, pics? Thanks again yall
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I've made a few changes after the drop. Removed trim and painted tail gate. Painted door mirrors body color and added wider trim rings to the wheels. What i was thinking was painting the grill factory color. Not the complete grill just the black trim. Its faded where it was black so I was thinking the green might look good. Any opinions, pics? Thanks again yall

That would look good, what you're talking about for the grille. What would also look really cool too, is to color match the rally wheels. Then everything on the truck would be green or chrome. The door handles blend in since the green is a dark color. But it looks great with what you've already done too!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Question for you... what do you think of painting the chevrolet green. On the tailgate. That would be unique. But wanted your thought

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That would look good, what you're talking about for the grille. What would also look really cool too, is to color match the rally wheels. Then everything on the truck would be green or chrome. The door handles blend in since the green is a dark color. But it looks great with what you've already done too!
Going to go green with the door handles also. Tailgate handle plastic trim also. Never thought of the wheels green. Interesting.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it would look good. I agree painting the wheels to match. I almost did that to mine but I like the dark grey with metallic

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I agree with this.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Color matching works better with some colors than it does with others. Darker colors, I think it's better, because it emphasizes the chrome and tones down the big blackness of the tires. My dad taught me how to make a custom car or truck look good, is by making everything as few colors as possible. If your vehicle has a lot of chrome, a dark color will bring that out. If you have a light colored interior, have dark carpet. Our old square body shop truck looked great with color matching mirrors,wheels and bumpers, because there was no chrome except for the tube grille (and that was actually brushed aluminum). It was Colonial Yellow, which is a little lighter than school bus yellow. It had tan vinyl upholstery and the black rubber mat on the floor.