Lug nut/wheel identify

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only reposted @Road Trip picture.

Yes. And my primary focus was illustrating the 2 different styles employed,
instead of trying to state remotely that this is exactly what a 6-lugger with
unknown aftermarket wheels needs. Which is why I inserted this disclaimer in parenthesis:

Given the way that 1st photo looked, I'd try a
test fit of a single mag style nut (in the right thread size) and see if that doesn't feel a lot less janky
than what you got. As a side benefit, it should look better as well.

Sounds like @scrilla has got the calipers in play, so it sounds like he's on the path to success.

Then again, is the bolt pattern a match between truck & wheel, but were the wheels designed
to use the mag style nut & washer and a smaller stud, providing necessary room for the shank?
Or are the conical nuts currently in play the correct ones?

IDK.

And after further research last night this is why I added the EDIT & redirected the OP towards a trusted
tire store. And this is exactly why I normally don't chime in on aftermarket stuff. The attempted
parts marriage by a PO can be wrong in so many ways, and without any documentation of what's
right then the only way to find the fix is to employ triagnostics.

OP, please do whatever it takes to ensure that you've got the right combo of stud pattern, stud diameter,
the nut design that the wheel designed had in mind, etc. And then still carry a torque wrench in the truck
with you & check the solution periodically until you have convinced yourself that the fix isn't going to loosen
up on it's own after accumulating some miles on the setup.

And be aware my motivation to write these replies was purely from looking at the 1st photo and not getting
a warm & fuzzy from it.

Given the above, I'm out.

Safe travels!

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If the lug hole is 15mm that's a pretty good indicator those are meant for 14mm studs, which is what your truck has. All the GMT400 trucks whether 2WD or 4WD, 1500, 2500, and 3500 (with exception of the GMT455 3500HD) have 14mm studs.

I'll second RoadTrip's advice of taking it by a tire/wheel shop. As I said in the beginning it's hard to tell from here on that pic if it's a legit conical seat. Since the lug hole is 15mm I'll take a wildass guess and say it's *probably* a conical seat wheel but it would be wise to have an experienced person look at it up close.

Richard