lt1 swap form 350tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90'rado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dollar for dollar, the LS family will give you the best bang for the buck. The old school SBC was a wonderful design, but the LS engines took everything that was great about the SBC and made it better: cathedral port heads, standard 6-bolt-cross-bolted main caps, main-web-breathing holes, ETC. I'm as much of a fan of the old school SBC as the next guy, but let's be honest, ANY engine that is a SBC (including LTx) is still subject to the limitations inherent to the SBC architecture.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well am leaning on the idea of the 6.0 becuase my buddy has it in his truck with headers and dual exhaust with a chip and intake and its a tank it kills me in a race and it out pulled me when we were playing tug of war so i will see how much one is and how much of a pain its going to be. The motor i realy want in my truck is the durmax diseal with the allsion trans mission with the dually ass end in my suburban that is what i realy want but you know what they say put you wants in one hand and thor **** in the other and see which one fills up faster lol my grandma says that all the time to me

71 cuda man

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally agree with 90 rado on this.The old style SBC were around forever.Anybody who ever worked on cars got at least one bloody knuckle on it,but the LS series engines are a new milestone for GM.They are easy to work on very very reliable.street friendly,get good gas mileage & you can make gobbs of power out of them

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i found out for 6.0 motor out of a junk yard with 86500 they say for 1200 bucks just motor..I am going to go with painless wire harness instead of one out of the junk yard better and new,but what esle do i need for the swap i know the brain and pcms.What should i get out of the junk yard and how should i tackle it

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
What year is the engine? If it is a drive by wire throttle body, you will need the gas pedal, and the control unit.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was told it cam of of a 2004 k2500 truck that was wrecked in the rear thinking of taking the rear end too