454tbi to 350tbi swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timjkanson

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am in need of some information/help. So to make a long story short, I have a 93 1/2 ton 4x4 350tbi/4l60e that needs a tranny, and then the second vehicle is a 95 3/4 ton 4x4 454tbi/4l80e with a bad motor. I know that the 350 will bolt up in place of the 454, however I am not sure what I would need to do as far as the computer, I would think using the computer from the 93 would be ideal, but I know the 95 year is different as far as trans controls. I am just trying to figure out what I need to mix and match to make this work. I do live in California and would need this to be smog legal, my plan was to use the 93 vin because it is clean title and registered non-op and just smog it as a 1/2 ton 350 if that makes it simpler. Thanks in advance, Tim

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do live in California and would need this to be smog legal, my plan was to use the 93 vin
Fix the transmission of the '93; or fix the engine of the '95. What do you mean by "use the '93 vin"? Either you're using the '93 truck, with the '93 VIN, or you're using the '95 truck, with the '95 VIN. You're not going to swap the VIN from one vehicle to another.

Combining parts from one truck onto the other will maybe require Special Permission from the Smog Referee; good luck with that. Do that research BEFORE you start swinging wrenches, to avoid heartache and wasted time, money, effort, and enthusiasm.

retorq

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
my plan was to use the 93 vin because it is clean title and registered non-op and just smog it as a 1/2 ton 350 if that makes it simpler.
You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by "use the '93 vin"? Either you're using the '93 truck, with the '93 VIN, or you're using the '95 truck, with the '95 VIN. You're not going to swap the VIN from one vehicle to another.
You do not want the truck titled under the wrong VIN. That's a risk for federal pound me prison time.