Ls swapped, ac questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are my settings I think. I found this on my phone. Can't Rem if it's my current settings or not. I'll look tonight.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my HiDiNg PlAcE

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are my settings I think. I found this on my phone. Can't Rem if it's my current settings or not. I'll look tonight.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

95bastard

Reaction score
Well, that's why I responded since that is exactly what is working flawlessly in my LS swap.

Yes I want my efans to enable/disable at preset speed thresholds. I have hp tuners, I am new to it, I will have to get a screen shot of my tune file. It has an area that you can do just this, but for some reason it isn’t working, I am guessing operator error... as soon as I get a chance will post on here the tab I’m talking about.

I would really like my fans to only operate at lower speeds, anything over 35 mph is not doing anything except wearing out my fan motors, and causing unnecessary load on my electrical system. My fans are out of a ford windstar (around an 04 model), and I have the three relay set up (both fans on at 6 volts (half speed) in low setting, and both on 12volt (full speed) in the high setting.

Apparently my ac system has a leak, and lost Freon over the winter. I have another option as well, but don’t know anyone who has tried it. Since my system needs recharged (with dye this go around to find the leak) I don’t mind opening the system. I have a vintage air trinary switch I could add into the high side line. Part of the trinary will provide a ground signal at a preset pressure (don’t remember the pressure off top of my head) that can be used to engage the efans. It should work similar to the newer vehicles as it will cycle the fans once a predetermined pressure is met, and disengage them as the pressure drops (condenser cools off). However, this will require the use of a couple diodes (no clue what exactly I need here...hint: if you know, let me know) to keep from feeding a ground signal back through the ls pcm, as well as the ls signal being back fed into the trinary switch (would make both fans run at high speed, when ls pcm is requesting low speed fan operation....I guess I would need 4 diodes so the ground signals from the trinary and pcm only go to the fan relays and not to one another. The more I think about it the more confused I’m getting!

Anyway, thanks for the replies, hopefully I’ll get this figured out soon enough.

95bastard

Reaction score
My Low and High come on at 201 and 204 respectively, kick off 3 degrees below those set points.

I think they were talking about the fans disabling above a certain speed, as the air moving over the condenser is sufficient at those speeds, so they disable to take the load off the alt.

Exactly what I’d like to have happen!

95bastard

Reaction score

This will not work on my setup, my ac system is in no way linked to the ls pcm, it is still operating like it did in 1995 when it had a belt (water pump) driven fan. I believe someone mention the bcm has something to do with this as well, but I don’t have that either!