LS donor parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael1784

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m planning on taking a 5.3 LM7 out of an ‘04 Yukon this week and just wanting to make sure my list of needed parts is correct.
The motor will be going into a ‘92 k1500 with a 5 speed manual.

From my research I’ve gathered I’ll need the following;
- Motor, of course
- under hood fuse box
- under hood computer
- wiring harness from motor, fuse box, and computer
- radiator and fan shroud
- gas pedal and throttle cable box
- obd2 plug-in
- O2 ports from the exhaust

If you see anything missing from this list please let me know!

I’m still gathering a list of parts I need to make the swap into the ‘92 possible, so if you have a recommendations on that I would appreciate the advice. I know I’ll need fuel lines, fuel pump, clutch, & motor mounts. Still on the fence if I’ll need the 0411 computer though

Thank you for taking the time to read, and I appreciate any advice!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m planning on taking a 5.3 LM7 out of an ‘04 Yukon this week and just wanting to make sure my list of needed parts is correct.
The motor will be going into a ‘92 k1500 with a 5 speed manual.

From my research I’ve gathered I’ll need the following;
- Motor, of course
- under hood fuse box
- under hood computer
- wiring harness from motor, fuse box, and computer
- radiator and fan shroud
- gas pedal and throttle cable box
- obd2 plug-in
- O2 ports from the exhaust

If you see anything missing from this list please let me know!

I’m still gathering a list of parts I need to make the swap into the ‘92 possible, so if you have a recommendations on that I would appreciate the advice. I know I’ll need fuel lines, fuel pump, clutch, & motor mounts. Still on the fence if I’ll need the 0411 computer though

Thank you for taking the time to read, and I appreciate any advice!
I haven't done a LS swap, but have done a fair amount of research, and your list looks pretty dang complete. Maybe grab the air cleaner assembly as well, it may work in your situation. Why would you need a 411 if you are grabbing the donor ECM?

Michael1784

Reaction score
Oh yeah I’ll be grabbing the air filter assembly too. I’m really mechanically inclined but I’ve never done an LS swap either. Everything seems fairly straightforward besides the wiring, that bit is uncharted waters for me.

That’s why I’m on the fence about the 0411 right now. Doesn’t make sense why I’ll need it if I have the donor computer.

Last edited:

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh yeah I’ll be grabbing the air filter assembly too. I’m really mechanically inclined but I’ve never done an LS swap either. Everything seems fairly straightforward besides the wiring, that bit is uncharted waters for me.

That’s why I’m on the fence about the 0411 right now. Doesn’t make sense why I’ll need it if I have the donor computer.
Ya, you shouldn't need a 411, that would be just extra work in my opinion. Running the ECM that originally ran your motor only makes sense.

Michael1784

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Watch his videos on wiring, pretty dang thorough.

Thank you for posting this video playlist!! Most videos I’ve seen so far are people already done with the swap and explaining what they did. I’m glad to see that he’s showing step by step in the process.

You’re right on that one, it would just create unnecessary work and I’m relieved after watching this guys videos that everything electronic can be done with what I have already

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 0411 is just an older version of the PCM that the '04 donor has.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 0411 is just an older version of the PCM that the '04 donor has.
Fair point, but it would just make sense to use the one that currently runs the motor he's potentially using. Hell..... probably wouldn't even need to unplug most of the wires/sensors/senders. Just unbolt the ECM and let take the ride out of the engine bay and into its new home.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair point, but it would just make sense to use the one that currently runs the motor he's potentially using. Hell..... probably wouldn't even need to unplug most of the wires/sensors/senders. Just unbolt the ECM and let take the ride out of the engine bay and into its new home.

I would definitely use the one he's got otherwise he needs to get the older harness too.