Lowering laws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
here cops are pretty relaxed for the most part as long as you are within the road and can fit under the red lights and have +15% tint on the front two on nothing but a strip on the windsheild

willinthe985

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
In La it's 4 inches from the lowest part of the frame, but headlight/taillight and plate laws also plate into account.

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I noticed you have lift laws and tint laws up, I thought maybe it would be a good idea to have lowering laws. I don't know of any links, but I know West Virginia's law, the bottom of the bumper can't be lower than 6 inches from the ground.

Really, i have never been pulled over for being too low, but then again i guess the bottom of an obs bumper would have to be without a valance and on a body dropped truck to fit that catagory. I had a 92 ecsb that laid frame, but never drove that low, but i always set it in the front yard laid out and many, many sheriffs drove past my house daily and i never had a problem.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really, i have never been pulled over for being too low, but then again i guess the bottom of an obs bumper would have to be without a valance and on a body dropped truck to fit that catagory. I had a 92 ecsb that laid frame, but never drove that low, but i always set it in the front yard laid out and many, many sheriffs drove past my house daily and i never had a problem.

If your truck is parked and laid out, especially on private property, there's nothing they can do about it. It's when you're driving down the streets that it becomes a real concern.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In Texas it's all about headlight/taillight heights and scrub line.

Headlights: Must be between 24" and 54".
Taillights: Must be between 15" and 72".

Scrub line: No part of the vehicle's body or chassis can be below the lowest point of the wheels.

The same here in California

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I doubt they enforce it, but in WV I'm pretty sure the bumper has to be atleast 6 inches from the ground, legally.

USAF_Slacker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only thing Ive heard of being busted for dragging is destruction of public property or hazardous/unsafe driving around AR?

I got cited back at the beginning of 08 for destruction of state roads when i was going to paris, ar one night, slamming the back end and scrapping up the temporary road markers in the middle, like the little plastic ones. i also got driving left of center, potential fire hazard(sparks lol) and careless driving which the judge dropped. those could have just been county laws, didnt want to stick around to ask and Q's