Lowering checklist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
For a 2/4 drop I know I'll need the shackles, hangers, front coils, and probably shocks, but is there anything I'm missing?

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

SlimRockett

Reaction score
I am wanting to do the same, I was told to do spindles in the front not springs?

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
for a 2" drop, spindles will maintain a factory ride, but they can cause clearance issues with SOME 15" wheels.. so beware.

and for a 2/4 drop... stock shocks are perfectly acceptable, no need for drop shocks.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No need for front shock if running spindles, when using coils you need shocks. I would get all 4 just so it rides better.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Important checklist item left off: re-assess the desire for a 2/4 drop that you will end up later wishing you'd gone 4/6, causing you to spend more money on parts, do more work, especially un-doing the hangers which is not fun.

Richard

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Important checklist item left off: re-assess the desire for a 2/4 drop that you will end up later wishing you'd gone 4/6, causing you to spend more money on parts, do more work, especially un-doing the hangers which is not fun.

Richard

THIS!!!!!

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive got my build truck done with a 3/4 belltech kit im definitely not a lowered kinda guy so I feel its a little lower then I wanted seen more then enough 3/4 lowered 400s in person to know thats definitely as far down as I would ever want. Kit came with spindles and coils in the front, shackles a hangers in the back I opted for the more expensive shocks over the nitro drops

SlimRockett

Reaction score
So what do I need for a 4" 6" lowering kit or what's the best way to do it? 92 ext cab.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I'm not even a lowered kind of guy (to a certain extent) but even I agree with them, you'll want lower in a week or two. Just like I wanted higher after 4 days