Low beams suck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoPedal98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That doesn't really mean anything... Aim will affect your low beams a lot more than the high's just like you're describing. It doesn't take much for it to be off (Full vs. empty tank of gas is noticeable)

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, how would you aim headlights correctly? They seem to be good to my eye and like I said they pass MA state inspection witch has a large board that the high and low beens must hit the cross hairs on.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, how would you aim headlights correctly? They seem to be good to my eye and like I said they pass MA state inspection witch has a large board that the high and low beens must hit the cross hairs on.

If they checked them with cross hairs in the inspection then they're probably fine (I didn't realize they did that... We don't have inspections here). You're looking at new housings or possibly the headlight connectors/wiring is having issues.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How about looking at them while parked next to another vehicle. Do they look dim or yellow? Are your daytime running lights wired wrong? (if equipped)

It seems like most electrical problems on these vehicles are caused by a ground problem. Might as well check those too.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
if in doubt about power issues IMO get new 9006 plugs, a good 40amp relay, inline fuse holder and some good size gauge wire and some crimp terminals.
if power is an issue like quite a few people have. it could be corrosion inside the plug or internally corroded wires running to the bulbs. either way could just not be getting enough voltage. with the relay setup you pull power directly from the battery terminal to a inline fuse, then to the relay. then simply use a wire tap connection of any type to the stock headlights power on the headlights ( light brown wire i think) and use that wire to the relays activation terminal. then give the relay its own ground, simply self taping screw and ring terminal crimped into the radiator support or what not metal (be sure to scrap off the paint for best connection!) and also add grounds there to go to the new 9006 plugs for grounds. then the output from the relay to your new 9006 plugs power into the bulb. and your done! add wire loom, electrical tape over any exposed terminals and what i like to do is put a zip tie over the wraped areas as well to keep the electrical tape from coming off in the heat softening the glue. the zip tie keeps it from ever coming loose! ;)
http://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram25.html

this way you simply bypass ALL of the weak power source problems! the relay needs very little power to activate it so typically no matter how weak it is it should still work great! you could also just buy some HIDS and a headlight harness kit which is basically the same thing i described BUT add the HIDs for even more light output ;) but costs more. but it i believe is more plug and play besides the power and ground connections i believe.

TwoPedal98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I'll try new housing before I attempt the wiring! Me and electrical usually do not get along at all!!

Anyone have a link for TYC Elegante housings? Can't seem to find them anywhere

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With your lights off, look at the reflector surface, is it bubbled or peeling? I've seen sealed beams peel off and shine more light under the hood than they did on the road.