Loud knocking when I reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmeargle

Reaction score
Any help, suggestions or anything would be greatly appreciated. This forum has helped before and I hope it can help me once again. Alright, here's the story. I have a 96 sierra extended cab, 5.7 4x4. I've been through transmissions in the past, currently on the 4th. Current transmission is supposedly out of a 98 suburban. This is what I was told buy the guy I paid to put it in for me, didn't see it when he got it or put it. I should have but just didn't have time. We'll I had problems starting the truck, thought it may have been the starter seeing how it was the original one. After a failed attempt with the new starter next thought was the flex plate. Got the flex plate and dropped the tranny and the guy I paid to install the tranny for some reason took it off and put it on backwards and managed to put the dial pin the wrong hole. And of course it was cracked all the way around. Got it changed and the tranny bolted up, left the dust cover off just to have a look. Noticed the converter had a slight wobble and it concerned me a bit. Got the dust cover back on and when I put the truck in reverse and it started tappping very loud. Gets louder when I accelerate in reverse. The tapping is faint when the truck is idling and no sound at all when I'm driving down the road. Also when I get around 60 and over I get vibrations, no idea where it comes from it just happens and goes away until I try to accelerate more. Sorry this somewhat of a explanation is so long but if you guys can help in anyway itd be great and appreciated more than you know. Any questions please ask me.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk