looking for exhaust advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tuftruck

Reaction score
My 98 silvy has stock exhaust and i wanna do duals with an h pipe spintech mufflers and hi flow cats this will be my first full exhaust build i wanna do it right but im clueless on what to order and how much it will cost for install. I already have a set of obx long tubes with 2.5 collectors so now i need to know where to go from there. My goal is to improve mpg and have a raspy mean sound should i go with 2.5 or 2.25 pipes where should i put the h pipe and what kind of offset should i get for my mufflers if im gunna dump it behind the axle and should i do 3 inch dumps to make it louder also if i order all the parts how much should i expect to pay for install from the motor back. I wanna build a awsome sounding exhaust and post sound clips so yall can hear what you helped create so if you wanna hear a awsome exhast help me out

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Install is gonna depend in the shop. I've paid 200 twice from headers back dumped before the axle when I brought my own mufflers. If the headers are 2.5 don't downsize just for te hell of it. Do 2.5 all the way back, 2.5 mufflers, and it doesn't matter what size dump, just do 2.5, it's gonna be loud since its dumped anyways. As far as the x/h pipe, I would have them run the exhaust above the tranny crossmember with the x/h pipe under the tailshaft of the tranny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tuftruck

Reaction score
My plan was to cross under the bell housing in the stock location and run both pipes on the passenger side so i have plenty of room for the cats and put the h pipe before them so it evens out the pressure asap the reason i was thinking about 2.25 is because ive heard it makes a differenc in mpg but like i said im clueless im just going off of what ive read is it a big difference keeping the pipes strait back each side

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
It would make it easier to work with the dual cats and h pipe. I have duals run back (no cats) over the tranny crossmember, crossed under the tail shaft, and into a 2 in 2 out flowmaster dumped. I love it.

tuftruck

Reaction score
Im confused i dont see how you have the h pipe crossing the tailshaft and still have the 2 in 2 out? But i like the idea of having the pipes running under my seat so i can feel the exhaust. I think i need to find some picks of pipes run like that do you have any pics of your setup

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Heres one. It's not real good. This is where the exhaust runs under the tailshaft and then you can see where it makes the 90 to the back. I'm not runnin an h-pipe. Don't see te need to.
You must be registered for see images

tuftruck

Reaction score
Oh ok i understand now. Thanks for the ideas i cant wait to hear what it sounds like when im done

adambru

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid 500 ish for duel FLowmaster Super 44's with 2.5 inch pipe from the cats back, and then ended them on either side with 45 degree offsets and 3 inch stainless steel tips. Sounds and looks great not too loud has a nice rumble