Looking for big brake converstion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 1997 4wd Chevy Tahoe. I just installed 18 in wheels .So i am looking for aproven large brake conversation kit that will give me finnally good brakes.
I am looking to convert to rear disc brakes also.
Please help so I can make a good first choice.
Thanks in advance

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I didn't see any kits but you would be amazed at what premium pads, braided brake lines, and proper bleeding can do.

Take a look at this thread for some often overlooked brake issues.

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't see any kits but you would be amazed at what premium pads, braided brake lines, and proper bleeding can do.

Take a look at this thread for some often overlooked brake issues.

Thanks Frank ,But did all that plus changed master to nbs did Baer gt front brakes and rear disc conversation. They are good but want a better brake system. I have the parts to do the nbs rear disc. I will do that first. Then if not better I will remove abs (ancient system anyway) Then I will look int upgrading front calipiers to 4 or 6 piston. I was also considering changing to hydro but would rather not. Had a friend lose hydro in his hummer and got no warning.
Take Care
Skip

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is awsome I will look into wilwood and see what that have to fit 18

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What are you looking to get? It is 5000 lbs plus vehicle not a light sedan or sports car. There is a point of diminishing returns. You can have the braking power but the inertia of the big box may want to keep going = loss of traction slip skid. What rear disc version do currently use? Is your braking balanced front and rear?