looking for an aftermarket tranny cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First post on this website. I drive a 1996 gmc k1500 350 and I am planning on putting a shift kit and adding a new tranny fluid cooler. i dont know what size cooler i need or what brand or material i should get any help will be appreciated.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
I always liked derale trans coolers, ive never had a problem with them and they seem to last quite a long time. otherwise just about any would/could work.

Also Welcome to the site. post pics of the truck

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Welcome..and nice truck!..dunno nuthing bout the coolers tho.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did a cooler on my project truck... the cooler i got at advanced auto. Its a universal cooler that comes with special "ties" that you stick through the fins infront or behind your radiator... it gives you a few diagrams how to run it because there is a few different options such as running it in series.... the cooler was roughly 60? dollars and i believe the biggest one they had. What i did was i ran mine in series and used break lines to go up from the tranny to follow ontop of the frame rails and used hose tiedowns that harbor freight that came in a set of various sizes... i bent the one line to go into the top of the radiator and the other line i cut short, than used rubber hose, ran it through that small gap on the front radiator support to the one cooler side...the other cooler side i ran to the other spot on the diagram ( i forget off the top of my head) lol I havent been really able to test how effective it works but series was reccomended for maximum cooling... I put my cooler on the front of the radiator so I didnt have to worry with hoses possibly hitting the fan.... i dunno if this helped at all but if ya want I can take pics tomarrow and post them...i believe this whole addition cost me 75 bucks or less

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
I use one with a thermostat and elec fan.
You must be registered for see images attach