Long tube headers with lowered truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am wondering of I can use long tube headers with my truck even though it is lowered 4/6.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I wouldn't see why not they don't hang below the frame or anything but i could be wrong Idk much about lowered stuff

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know why but I thought I read somewhere that long tubes hang down farther than stock

Swans.2000.3500

Trainwreck
Reaction score
They do hang down lower but, the lowest part of the stock exhaust is where the pipe goes under the tranny and in most cases your headers will not hang that low, you should be more worried about routing your exhaust so it does not drag over bumps

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Avoid speed bumps and don't go offroading with it haha. My long tubes scraped on my Nova and it wasn't lowered at all.

Shane_o_mac

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have flowtech lts on mine they do hang quite low Im only at 2/4 and have about 6" of clearance. If I were to get some now I would get the hooker header they dont hang below the frame rails.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Swap to an LS engine and run some Schoenfeld longtube's, they don't hang past the frame
at all! Sorry I can't help you with SBC header's, I have never ran any longtubes on those before.

Shane_o_mac

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Swap to an LS engine and run some Schoenfeld longtube's, they don't hang past the frame
at all! Sorry I can't help you with SBC header's, I have never ran any longtubes on those before.

^^^ This guy, yep after it gets bagged I will.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't wanna swap a Ls engine in because if the cost of the engine/tranny and the tuning. The motor mounts the exhaust. It all added up way past of building a nicely built 350.