Long lasting tire shine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use the Mequire's hot shine, but I use the hot shine tire gel (I've seen it in a hand pump spray bottle and the gel,) and as long as I wipe/rub the gel in enough I have no problem with it slinging onto the paint. But I will also clean my trucks on a saturday night and they'll sit till monday morning. As far as how long it'll last, my work's parking lot is 5+acres of rock parking lot and tons of tractors,semis, and cars are in and out all day long and they'll look good for two-three days but day four they are slightly white in color from the rock dust..

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I am in no way a fan of that "spray it on and let it go" stuff or foam. I love this high endurance gel, I put it on each of our Novas 5 days ago when detailing for a show and it still looks like I just put it on there. As for sling, I let it dry before taking the cars anywhere. I paid about $6 at Walmart for it and it does come in spray. Also, it smells like grapes....

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score

I am in no way a fan of that "spray it on and let it go" stuff or foam. I love this high endurance gel, I put it on each of our Novas 5 days ago when detailing for a show and it still looks like I just put it on there. As for sling, I let it dry before taking the cars anywhere. I paid about $6 at Walmart for it and it does come in spray. Also, it smells like grapes....

$6??? Local parts guys wanted $20.00 + tax! Got my sis to pick some up last time she went across the line. Think she paid somewhere just under $10.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Thats what ive been using, great product just seeing if there was anything better then that out there

Any pics of how this looks?

$6??? Local parts guys wanted $20.00 + tax! Got my sis to pick some up last time she went across the line. Think she paid somewhere just under $10.

Lol ya I think I paid close to $20 bucks too out the door

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
In '97, I did a '32 5 window that went to compete for 'The Ridler Award'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autorama

This is from 'Hemmings'. (paraphrased)
"It’s said, with considerable justification, that having a hand in building a custom car that wins the Detroit Autorama’s Ridler Award can make a career for a designer, fabricator or painter.
Winning a Ridler can set up a shop for life, so to speak, but even making it to the finals is a resume builder. Building or painting a Ridler Great 8 finalist can be a feather in any customizer’s cap. As mentioned, all of the cars were built to a level that to my eyes surpasses the attention to detail associated with production cars like Rolls-Royce or Ferrari." - Ronnie Schreiber

The car made it to be one of 'The Great 8' finalists.
Anyways, the owner did something that I had never seen, or done before, to his tires.
First, he washed them with a 10% vinegar to water mix, followed by a good rinsing. If the vinegar mix is not completely rinsed, it'll leave a white residue.
Then, he used 'Future Floor Polish' on the tires. A small bottle that he kept applying multiple coats with, until he had used the whole bottle.
Gave the tires a nice shine that was a bit more than a matte finish, but not so shiny to look cheap.
And, throughout the rest of the show season, all he had to do before each show, was to wipe them down. They looked like they had just been treated.
Seeing what these 'show' guys have to go through each & every time that they set up the car, this was one less step that he had to do, because it lasted the whole season!
I was impressed, but, hey, this was a show car. The first year, the only mileage put on it, was on & off the trailer!
I was also skeptical. How well would that stuff last on a street driven vehicle? I had to try it.
Well, that stuff lasted almost 6 months! Multiple car washes, hundreds of miles!
I could go to a wand wash & hit the tires with that high pressure water, drive it out, wipe 'em down, & they looked like I had just applied the stuff. Amazing!
I now do this to my tires when they are brand new, & once a year in the spring.
But, because it takes a while for it to dry, it's kinda impractical on a weekly basis, so I keep 'em touched up with that Meguiar's stuff.

Here's some other uses for that stuff.
The model building guys seem to like it.
https://sites.google.com/site/donsairbrushtips/future-floor-polish
http://archive.makezine.com/pub/tool/Future_Floor_Wax
http://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/topic/30344-how-to-airbrush-future-floor-polish/

Last edited: