long crank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff9922

Reaction score
So I have a 98 c1500 with 305 v8 and when I start the truck most of the time it cranks long like its not getting fuel but if I give it gas it starts kind of like if it had a carb . Any one have had a issue like this and might be able to help with some incite . I do have a check engine light for bank 1 sensor 3 o2 sensor but haven't had a chance to replace it yet , and not sure which one that is anyways lol .

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Needs to get properly diagnosed for sure.

But If could bet money, I'd probably say spider injectors or fuel pressure regulator.

But I have terrible luck, so I don't play scratch offs, LOL.

Last edited:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A fuel pressure test would be in order. Spec is 60-66 psi with key on engine off. See if it holds or drops down quickly.

Holding the gas all the way down temporarily stops injector flow, so (wild guess) you could have a leaking injector.

Pressure test would help rule some things out.

X2

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dc8610

Reaction score
I’m having the same issue on my 98 350 replaced spark plugs and wires, cap and rotor, ignition coil, and icm. My fuel pressure is at 60 with key on and 53-54 while running. It doesn’t hesitate at all runs good just the long crank time with door on gas pedal is where I’m stuck.