LMC part quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m getting close to complete on the interior and power train on my 88. Getting ready to start on the exterior. My plan is to get a quality paint job probably by this summer. I need almost every other exterior piece as well (bumpers, mirrors, grill, side moldings, wheel well moldings etc.). I’m going for a factory original restoration. I realize I won’t be able to find OEM on every single part. What is the best option for body parts? LMC?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m getting close to complete on the interior and power train on my 88. Getting ready to start on the exterior. My plan is to get a quality paint job probably by this summer. I need almost every other exterior piece as well (bumpers, mirrors, grill, side moldings, wheel well moldings etc.). I’m going for a factory original restoration. I realize I won’t be able to find OEM on every single part. What is the best option for body parts? LMC?

Its a far stretch but if it was my truck. I call some body shops and ask were they get there parts. I'm not sure if its keystone or some type of "certified" parts.

What I do know is the body shop by me had there own source and cautioned me about some online retails like rock auto. I said hell with it and went to the junk yard and got some parts. Exterior you should be able to get from a junk yard. You could even ask for a front clip. I've heard people do that for several hundreds. Your gonna strip, prime and paint anyways. As for grill I do not know. Lot of garbage out there.

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its a far stretch but if it was my truck. I call some body shops and ask were they get there parts. I'm not sure if its keystone or some type of "certified" parts.

What I do know is the body shop by me had there own source and cautioned me about some online retails like rock auto. I said hell with it and went to the junk yard and got some parts. Exterior you should be able to get from a junk yard. You could even ask for a front clip. I've heard people do that for several hundreds. Your gonna strip, prime and paint anyways. As for grill I do not know. Lot of garbage out there.

Great idea. I’m actually friendly with a guy that has a small body shop. It never occurred to me to ask him. I’ll definitely ask. Thank you

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love Classic Parts of America in Kansas City they have some oem and other quality parts and are reasonable can't believe more of you don't suggest them , haven't been real fond of lmc quality. Non oem body parts i get from Browns of two rivers and have been very happy.

Last edited:

Chuck_13

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus you get to pay shipping,or truck freight(!) from LMC.I buy some stuff from them,some parts you can't find elsewhere,but I'm NOT paying shipping.My local yard still has some GMT400 parts,that's where I'd buy em.

Reaction score
I bought the plastic black cover for the rear bumper on my '93 from LMC. It was, far and away, the worst made piece of crap I have ever seen. Just total junk. Not saying all their stuff is like that, but that was my experience.