LMC grille emblem backer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I recently purchased a grille from lmc truck that doesn’t have the chrome outline all around, any ideas on how to make the badge look better when put on?

You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently purchased a grille from lmc truck that doesn’t have the chrome outline all around, any ideas on how to make the badge look better when put on?

Can you snap a pic of the emblem on the new grill? Just wanna see how much overlaps or is exposed

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Somebody should call lmc then and make them get oem

It's a legal thing I think. The reproductions are just different enough that they're not an exact copy so GM won't bother them. Most people probably won't notice or care but IMO it's one of those things you just can't unsee after it's pointed out.

LMC does sell OEM grilles, but they're much more expensive. The cheapest place I've found to get OEM grilles new is from Amazon.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a legal thing I think. The reproductions are just different enough that they're not an exact copy so GM won't bother them. Most people probably won't notice or care but IMO it's one of those things you just can't unsee after it's pointed out.

LMC does sell OEM grilles, but they're much more expensive. The cheapest place I've found to get OEM grilles new is from Amazon.

Biggest problem I have with grills is the mile long gap on the edges from the fender compared to the original

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score

I think the crux is if they encase the emblem just like GM then they are forming the copy righted bow tie.

I get OEM at 10% over dealer cost and it was still expensive. :( Night and day difference in quality. Thicker, better chrome, workmanship etc.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see what you mean. Man theres not much you can do. Unless you swap the emblem. Only thing I could see it a billet or chrome bowtie to blend i . But that's probably not the look you want