Lighting Ideas for my truck! Interior and Exterior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ideas that I come across that end up on this thread because I am almost willing to actually do it. LED's, marker lights, etc. Lighting ideas that I come across. Lighting materials are fairly cheap so they can be inexpensive ways to make my truck look very cool.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So far, my father and I are the only two people I know on the face of the Earth (met in person at least) who have these. Shelf-It overhead consoles.
You must be registered for see images attach
He has one in his service van and I have one in my K1500. I hate visors and I love the extra room I have to put my cell phone, sunglasses, binoculars, leatherman...etc. I refuse to put the sun visors back on, even though you have the option, because passengers use them and I can't see past it (blocked peripheral vision while driving is a major pet peeve). But it has two bent tabs, one on each side, with a larger diameter hole in the middle of it so you can mount the visors back on. I kinda want to put "dome" lights in those holes and wire em to a switch under my dash. (My door jamb switches are both out of commission and I like it that way. all stealthy. but I want to be able to see my front seats from time to time when I hop in or if I need to read something in the light for a sec.) I already have a switch panel I made under my dash and the wiring to the panel isn't a problem. What is, is wiring a component LED up. I wanna do this
109311[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

And have a cool blue (not the yellow-white, but the cool-blue-white) 5mm LED sticking out of the primer hole on 12g shell. Just the brass would stick out of the hole in shelf tab. Driver and passenger side would have the same set up, and they'd be wired to one switch. I know VERY little about wiring up component LED's, besides I need a resister and that polarity is crucial.

Attachments

• Xbox_360_Controller_Guide_LED_Bullet_Buttons_Brass_2__37706134965686612801280_zps02d8e138.jpg
    Xbox_360_Controller_Guide_LED_Bullet_Buttons_Brass_2__37706134965686612801280_zps02d8e138.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 2