light bulb under glove box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brockwaykid

Reaction score
Hey guys, just noticed that the little bulb undeneath the right side of the glove box was blown, i tried taking it out, and because i couldnt get my fingers far enough on to it, it broke. does the light twist out like an 1156, or does it just pull out like a 194? i would say it is a 194 because thats what my doors have. its hard for me to get my head under the dash with the door open so i cant get a good look. my ocd is killing me because i have a light out. haha! i can get a pic if needed. thx

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
It should just pull out. Pliers may be necessary if its already broken and stuck good.

Brockwaykid

Reaction score
I think it was cracked, and since the hole is small the end of it just shattered. it wasnt moving either, i'll see what i can do with my leatherman.

Brockwaykid

Reaction score
i thought so, wasnt sure if it was the turn style like an 1156. broke all of it off so there is only a small piece left in there.

98_k1500

Reaction score
Small screwdriver/pick to get the rest of the bulb out?? Be sure the light is not on or you will short out the terminals inside the socket and blow the fuse. I hate dealing with bulbs broken in the socket like this. All of my 3rd brake light bulbs did this.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
on mine its a twist then pull
Most arent
Small screwdriver/pick to get the rest of the bulb out?? Be sure the light is not on or you will short out the terminals inside the socket and blow the fuse. I hate dealing with bulbs broken in the socket like this. All of my 3rd brake light bulbs did this.
This haha better off to just pull the fuse first

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score

Can't poke at it from behind like you can the 3rd brakelight

98_k1500

Reaction score
True^^ just have to dig it out the front side and try to not booger up the socket.