Licence Plate Flip Kit on Stock bumpers...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have an idea for a stealth mod to clean up the back end of my truck a little bit. It would involve making the licence plate either flip up or flip down. I have a stock bumper and I have no intentions of ever putting on a roll pan. I was wondering if anyone has ever used the hidden hitch licence plate flipper brackets on a stock bumper.

Also is there any issue with legality to having the licence plate flip up or down like that? I would think that if you've got a trailer behind the trailer blocks the licence plate anyway and there is still the one on the front but I didn't know if it was an issue or gray area or what...

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't understand why you would want to do that. It is supposed to be displayed...no gray area.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok I'm not trying to do it to cheat the system or anything. I want to hide my trailer plug behind it but that means that when I have a trailer on the plate would have to be flipped up or down. Just like those with roll pans and hidden hitches but I would just be hiding my plug and the the entire hitch. The licence plate would be visible at all other times and like usual the front plate would always be visible.

Are you saying that the hidden hitch guys are breaking the law when they tow something?

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A guy I used to work with had a 97 ecsb that he chopped up a hitch to fit behind the bumper and also used a plate flip kit for a rollpan so yea it will work

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, I gotcha. I believe that you're good to go as long as your trailer has a plate. Your truck plate isn't visible with a trailer behind it anyway.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A guy I used to work with had a 97 ecsb that he chopped up a hitch to fit behind the bumper and also used a plate flip kit for a rollpan so yea it will work

I don't suppose you'd happen to have any pictures of this or know the guy still do you?

Do you at least know if it flipped up or down?

Ok, I gotcha. I believe that you're good to go as long as your trailer has a plate. Your truck plate isn't visible with a trailer behind it anyway.
Ok that's what I thought but I thought I'd check on that. I figured the same thing that the truck plate isn't really visible unless you've got a low empty flat bed or something.
Wrong year but...
You must be registered for see images attach

I don't see anything there. The image must be broken.