Leer camper cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieJC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
will a leer camper cover from a 1996 extended cab long bed fit a 1996 crew cab long bed . I found one cheap on an excab , just making sure the roof line will line up . Thanks

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you were talking about a camper shell then know they are not the same. The angle at the back of the cab on an extended cab is different from that of a standard cab or crew cab.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
If you were talking about a camper shell then know they are not the same. The angle at the back of the cab on an extended cab is different from that of a standard cab or crew cab.

Is it that much of a difference between the cab styles?
I know that the ex-cab 3rd B/light is different & an ex-cab's won't work on a SC, ("Where's that leak coming from?") but I didn't think that that was such a diff to affect a shell's fitment.

BowtieJC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How bad would it look on my crew cab. is there any pics of the difference anywhere. the camper top is in great shape and he only wants 250 for it. I've been looking for one for a while now. but if it will look wrong then i wouldn't be happy.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The standard cab and crew cab are straight up where the extended cab has that angle. It is quite obvious. The gap is about 1.5-2 inches.

I've owned my red truck for over 10 years now and been a member here for around seven. Still learning new stuff about these trucks. Like Sewlow said I knew the third brake lights were different, now I know why. Thanks for the info Skylark!

BowtieJC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so is the camper cover in the picture for a crew cab , it doesn't look like it matches the angle of the ex cab

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. The crew and standard are straight up.
This is apic of my 1996 Crew Cab long bed. Not a Leer top but gives a better idea of the back of the cab. Looks like it has an angle and not straight.

You must be registered for see images attach