LED Light strips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Hey guys,

There was a bit of interest in my LED light strips. I got them from Oznium.com.

I got them for fun and didn't know what I was going to do. I figured I wanted something like those new Audi's. I got these lights and gave them a try. They come with a self adhesive backing. So I pulled off my running lights, cleaned them with some methylated alcohol and and stuck em on. I attached them by splicing them into my running light wires.

I have to admit, I thought they would be brighter. In hindsight though, I am happy because they act as more of an accent instead of a bright primary light source. They add a purple colour to the orange signal lights. It looks good. I have gotten quite a few compliments.

Below are day shots and night shots. Enjoy.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's badass man,

Imagine how awesome these would look on a denali front end with the curved lights...

:think:

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It would look good interior. Under the dash would be cool. Actually, they were like 30 bucks CAD for the two. I bet if you put them on the side of the center it would look cool to light up inbetween the seats. I like LEDs. As long as you don't see them. But on the signals, they look cool.

You guys are both great, you guys Mike and Butch are the ****. I am kind of drunk. But its true

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
i have used oznium a few times, but their prices have sky rocketed since i used them last... i like cathodes for interior lighting, and xoxide.com has them dirt cheap.... 4 bucks for two of em and the transformer

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
You're pretty awesome too noremac, sorry I forgot ya!

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
yeah, led's are awesome, and an amazing invention, but compared to the light output of a cold cathode, there is none.... especially when they run 4 bucks for two 12" tubes.... i like the idea of the led stripes on teh front though.. i believe i will be ordering some led's soon for a bit of a project on the front of my truck...

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Yah, interior, cathodes for sure. More light output too. Like I said, on the exterior, I was hoping for more light but they are a nice accent. Also, they've been on for a year with no problems with water etc.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
led strips are good about that, they are practically water proof.. i know some people who have way too much money on their hands, but ran a solid 50ft strand of led's around the bottom of their inground pool... not a single one has burnt out, and they are on every night in the warm months.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
No ****. Wow. Well it would look cool but like you said, maybe a little to much cash.