Led interior light bulbs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paytonz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can someone tell me the bulb sizes for all the inrerior lights and the license plate?

brits92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year is your truck? I think the 95+ use 194 bulbs for most of the interior lights like the footwell lamps and the license plate. Dome light, im not sure.

But mine is a 92 and I just put in a led in my dome light. Its a 42mm bulb for the center light but left the map lights in case I really needed light.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Dome are #211 but it gets tricky because the LED's offered don't have the clips on them the map bulbs use. So I did some soldering...

You must be registered for see images attach

Tag lights will be #194. So are the glovebox, cig lighter, etc.

Under dash will be #89 or many of the compatible sizes, for 1988-1994. And yeah 1995-up I think are #194

Richard

brits92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The footwell lighys in my 92 arnt 194 bulbs. I wish it was that simple to find. I think it was a *edit its 1003 bulb ill have to double check.

Last edited:

yodertoter

Reaction score
my buddy has a 98, not sure if the dome lights differ but he used a HOUSEHOLD led light, cost a little more but doesn't give off that blue tint like most aftermarket led's do.

brits92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dome are #211 but it gets tricky because the LED's offered don't have the clips on them the map bulbs use. So I did some soldering...

Tag lights will be #194. So are the glovebox, cig lighter, etc.

Under dash will be #89 or many of the compatible sizes, for 1988-1994. And yeah 1995-up I think are #194

Richard

I had clips for all the dome lights... just popped the old bulb out n popped the led in.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Where'd you get the LEDs that had clips already mounted? That sure makes it easier. :)

For the under dash lights, there are a large number of bulbs that have similar characteristics with only minor differences. A #89 is incredibly similar to a #1003, which is similar to a #blah blah, etc. so when you look at the LED replacements they will list a number of bulbs that it can replace. The general term here is the size and base style, these are BA15S type bulbs.

Pretty much all the bulbs on my black '94 are LED, although I haven't felt the need to go into the gauge cluster or A/C controls. All my signals, corners, tag lights, under dash, dome, cig lighter, glovebox.

Richard

brits92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I get all my lights from amazon... didnt know the lights come any other way :shrug: got 4 bulbs for $6.