LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, the difference is more than just price. The x5 has 5 LEDs vs. just 1, it's brighter and gives a wider viewing angle.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
eck you got any pictures?

you did all red? do you have push button 4x4 or on the floor?

Sorry man no pics...my cameras a pos and my cell doesnt take good interior pics. Yeah I did all red and the guages look like CodyB's and actually look pretty good, not as blinding as I thought theyd be. I have a floor shifter for the 4wd but havent seen it done with the push button so I cant help ya there. I ordered a bunch of different colors from superbrightleds for all my lights and it only came to about 30 bucks so it's worth a try and I think you'll love it.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a 95 tahoe and took dash apart yesturday to look at bulbs for hvac. does this look like all yalls? didnt look at the gauges

You must be registered for see images

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a 95 tahoe and took dash apart yesturday to look at bulbs for hvac. does this look like all yalls? didnt look at the gauges

You must be registered for see images

Your image doesn't work.

*Edit*

Ok, since I'm a member at TYF, I was able to login and see the image. '95 is an oddball year. The HVAC looks the same from the front side, but is a bit different on the backside. The later trucks, such as my '98 Suburban, have these twist-lock bulbs that just twist into the back of the HVAC unit.

You must be registered for see images attach

With the focus being off in the image you posted, it's really hard for me to see exactly what it is you have there. Can you pull that bulb out?

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since this thread is based around the 95+ model years, does anyone have any clue about the cluster and HVAC in an 89 chevy? I've seen literally no mention of this year and was hoping someone knew what was needed so I don't have to pull the cluster & HVAC twice.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so then what should i need for it? i think the black part should come off from the grey but i didnt mess with it. also what size are the center roof lights that come one with the doors and what 194 bulbs fit in the rear map lights

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so then what should i need for it? i think the black part should come off from the grey but i didnt mess with it.

Your image is so out of focus, I really can't tell what's going on there and I have no hands-on experience with the '95, so I really can't help you much. Did you try to see if the bulb would pull out of the socket?

Here's the twist-lock page at Super Bright LEDs, but I don't know if there's anything of help there.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/instrument.html

also what size are the center roof lights that come one with the doors...

I used the 4211-x6 (42mm) festoons in mine, but I believe the 44mm festoons will work too.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/festoon.html

...and what 194 bulbs fit in the rear map lights

Ummmmm...The 194s will work.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ill have to take it all apart sometime again. i was more asking wich ones people did since its a tight fit into that housing thing and some of the more led lights are bigger than a reg bulb

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're buying from Super Bright, I'd say pretty much any of them will work except for the WLED-x5. The x5 has a single LED in the center with 4 around the outside of that one. Those 4 stick out a bit past the edge of the base, making them wider. All the other arrangements are contained within the diameter of the base. I'd go with the x6 myself.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was going to get the 5s for gauges and the rest the single one but id like them to be bright not dim. still havent decided wich would look good in the doors underdash and 4wd indicator