led conversions problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Amazing how what to buy is well-documented and people gamble with other stuff anyway.

SRCK LED's have been around for 15 years now, developed specifically because of GMT400 trucks. Not trying to pat myself on the back here but a story I have told here before, I bought a set of some of the very first 3157-type LED replacements, from a company called Hz. Engineering. They almost literally went up in flames when I installed them in my old white '92. Sent pics of them and the taillight circuit board, with notes on the circuit diagram, to the guy and he came up with a new version of the bulb specifically for that location on the truck. Since then, this style of LED has been available to us, offered by just about every company that sells automotive LED's (V-LED's, Superbright, Autolumination, DDM, etc.) since not just GMT400's use this stlye - a few other models made after that are wired this way, too.

But, do what ya like. :gr_grin:

Richard

honestly ive researched this heavily for awhile and your above statement was the first logical thng ive heard, ive seen the descriptions but no one had explanation to what they meant
Basically they are dumby proof they can be installed any way

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
i knew that lol, just wondered why non polarity and not ck's

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
honestly ive researched this heavily for awhile and your above statement was the first logical thng ive heard, ive seen the descriptions but no one had explanation to what they meant

i knew that lol, just wondered why non polarity and not ck's
I did not know about the srck until Richard putt up his post

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Chevyjunkie95

Reaction score
older post, but I thought I'd contribute a FIX.

I put LED bulbs in stock tail lights. drivers side is a CK on the brake light.
All you need to do is get a meter and a 9V battery , use the 9v with some test leads to mark the leads that are positive for dim and bright(brake and run lights)
get your meter and check to see which is pos neg grd on the socket fold over the wires on the bulb for ground (ground can be together)
bend one positive side over at an angle to match the ck and shove it in the socket.
if you take your time and make sure, it will work.
I was successful on mine and my son's truck. take about 5 min
now you can use LED bulbs right from the store.

The reason this works is because incandescent bulbs are not polarity sensitive but LED bulbs are.
Hope this helps