led conversions problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm new here and have been looking for threads on led conversions on the rear lights but cant find any that apply to my problems

i did the conversion and the driver side brake/tail/turn (the middle bulb) does not work. I did some research and the socket plug is a non-typical 3057 socket. Both power leads are on the same side. With the typical, the power leads are on the same end. Everything on the passenger side works fine.

Anybody have suggestions?
You must be registered for see images attach

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK did some testing on my truck the pass side is a standard socket and the driver side is a ck socket
i ordered the socket boards from LCM a few months after i bought the truck

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well there are 3 choices for the conversion
1 put in non polarity leds
attachment.php

this is the one i chose

2 after market tail light housings that don't have the boards so you can rewire them if need be
attachment.php

3 after market led tail lights
attachment.php

if you know of any other wasy please let us know

Attachments

• tail lights bulbs.jpg
    tail lights bulbs.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 118
  • tail lights.jpg
    tail lights.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 118
  • tail lights 2.jpg
    tail lights 2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 122

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I think you're misunderstanding the problem a little bit. Yes, the middle socket on the circuit board is wired differently. The direct solution is to use an SRCK-type LED in that socket. Most of the auto-LED vendors offer them. A non-polar LED is not the same thing. Go to whatever vendor you please and search them for SRCK.

Richard

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so there is a 4th option that i did not know about the SRCK led
attachment.php

thanks Richard

Attachments

• SRCK.jpg
    SRCK.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 121

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Amazing how what to buy is well-documented and people gamble with other stuff anyway.

SRCK LED's have been around for 15 years now, developed specifically because of GMT400 trucks. Not trying to pat myself on the back here but a story I have told here before, I bought a set of some of the very first 3157-type LED replacements, from a company called Hz. Engineering. They almost literally went up in flames when I installed them in my old white '92. Sent pics of them and the taillight circuit board, with notes on the circuit diagram, to the guy and he came up with a new version of the bulb specifically for that location on the truck. Since then, this style of LED has been available to us, offered by just about every company that sells automotive LED's (V-LED's, Superbright, Autolumination, DDM, etc.) since not just GMT400's use this stlye - a few other models made after that are wired this way, too.

But, do what ya like. :gr_grin:

Richard

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what do you mean, non polarity? from what ive seen the only ones that will work are the ck's in the turns
Basically they are dumby proof they can be installed any way

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk