Leather seat repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my 95 Tahoe the driver side seat is pretty worn on the side from getting in and out, like most of these trucks are, so one shop wanted 200 to replace that and the side peice but the rest of the bottom would be original and is still good, so was looking online and a few places sell the leather bottom part of the seat for around that and could just do it myself, gonna get a quote from another place, but any places youd recommend or to stay away from in terms of getting the leather seat bottom online

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
theres a guy on here that used a cover from the seat shop and had good results. do a search for it. otherwise from working in an interior shop its quite easy to fix it yourself if you know how to sew or have a sewing maching. chances are you may be able to just replace a portion of the seat thats bad.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
What Tyler said!
$200.00 is an average cost for that repair. Some shops may do that for a bit more. Or less.
Could you post up a link to the covers that you found? Curious to see what they look like!

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
theres a guy on here that used a cover from the seat shop and had good results. do a search for it. otherwise from working in an interior shop its quite easy to fix it yourself if you know how to sew or have a sewing maching. chances are you may be able to just replace a portion of the seat thats bad.

Ill take a look for that, was looking at some videos on youtube on how to replace the cover doesnt look too bad, im leaning towards that cause the shop wanted 200 bucks to replace the side bolster and side peice rest of the seat wouldnt be touched so for 195 I could get the bottom cover and replace it myself

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What Tyler said!
$200.00 is an average cost for that repair. Some shops may do that for a bit more. Or less.
Could you post up a link to the covers that you found? Curious to see what they look like!

theseatshop.com and Ebay but there the same price 195 for the bottom leaning towards the seat shop one over Ebay if thats the route I go