Leaky Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, Ive now had to rip the carpet out of the back of my 98 Tahoe because its taking on water in the cargo area.
I have the awkward 3rd row of seats and well one of the bracket bolts to the truck was loose, i assume it was that so i tightened it and caulked it with gutter seal.
SO it goes onto day two of rain and i still find a good amount of water in it. Could it be my weather stripping of the hatch? Because only the truck area gets wet.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i may have solved my owen problem. Ill keep this updated but i just wiped all the gunk off the weather strip along with pine needles and no more drip-drops as my sister said. And gmc yukon ill get pictures up later today for you.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Well i may have solved my owen problem. Ill keep this updated but i just wiped all the gunk off the weather strip along with pine needles and no more drip-drops as my sister said. And gmc yukon ill get pictures up later today for you.

Which weather strip? The one along the top of the hatch?

Hopefully that solves it. I've never had any issues with water leaking or anything. No hurry on the pics, just trying to get an idea of what it looks like and how it's done in case I ever decide to do that with mine.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which weather strip? The one along the top of the hatch?

Hopefully that solves it. I've never had any issues with water leaking or anything. No hurry on the pics, just trying to get an idea of what it looks like and how it's done in case I ever decide to do that with mine.
Mine was actually a factory option that was special ordered through the dealer. The old man who bought my tahoe new had it put it in. http://www.littlepassengerseats.com/Tahoe-1.jpg
Mines also obviously leather, its not like a great third row either, kinda uncomfortable.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WELL BACK HERE AGAIN MORE PO'ED than ever......
Im about to burn this tahoe to the ground and never look back.
After using a hose to test for leak spots shes still collecting water in the truck, this was the 12th. Its raining today 13th and tomorrow 14th so its going to suck alot. My friend and i went to get lunch today and well came back out to the truck to find water in the truck, and he said he noticed while driving its pooling first in the corners near the tail gate. SO!
I just pulled the weather stripping on the bottom of the tail gate, gutter sealed the crap out of it and am praying that this solves my problems. Also caulked the screws that hold some of the trim to the body too because they're self tappers.
Tomorrow im going to see after a night of rain is theres still water, and if so im either going to a dealer and see what my options are or burn the sucker down. Furious beyond belief