Leak down test and compression test

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wanted to share something with everyone, because this really surprised me. I knew my motor was in good shape, but I had no idea it is this good. For my compression test, all cylinders were within 150 psi- 155 psi. For the leak down test, all cylinders were within 4%-6%. And this is a 190,000 mile engine.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's real good.Sounds like you truck has been well maintained

One would think that, but I don't know if its true. When I bought it, it had 3 diifferent kinds of spark plugs, looked like the original cap, and the original rotor too. I don't know if they changed the oil frequently or not. But since I've owned it since January 2007, I've only put about 13,000 miles on it. And all but about 1,000 of those miles was with Royal Purple oil. Since I've owned the truck, its been in good, running condition.

I had plans on changing motors when this one goes bad, looks like I have a few years to gather parts.