Leaf Spring Pack for K2500/ K3500 what do you have? 97 Siverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Cunningham

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am going to replace my Leaf Springs mostly due to age. I took off the original shocks and wow what a difference......so knowing this I am sure the springs need to be replaced. I see one broke one as well.

I am going to tow with this truck and noticed it has a 5 pack plus an overload. For that year they also show a 7 pack

5 pack rated at 2200 pounds and the 7 pak at 3300 pounds

I am wondering how bad the ride will be with a 7 pack. I am sure this was some trailering option (7)

Having said that we now have good quality air bags so I am thinking the 5 pack with airbag assist.

Anybody have a 7 pak leaf spring...or most of you 3/4 and 1 ton trucks have 5 pack and what would the ride difference be?

John Cunningham

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am going to replace my Leaf Springs mostly due to age. I took off the original shocks and wow what a difference......so knowing this I am sure the springs need to be replaced. I see one broke one as well.

I am going to tow with this truck and noticed it has a 5 pack plus an overload. For that year they also show a 7 pack

5 pack rated at 2200 pounds and the 7 pak at 3300 pounds

I am wondering how bad the ride will be with a 7 pack. I am sure this was some trailering option (7)

Having said that we now have good quality air bags so I am thinking the 5 pack with airbag assist.

Anybody have a 7 pak leaf spring...or most of you 3/4 and 1 ton trucks have 5 pack and what would the ride difference be?

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry this is a bit late, not sure if you got your answer yet, but I've got a 97 K2500 Suburban with the heavy GVW package and I've got GM PN 15030575. Oddly it is listed for all 3/4 tons but then the applications list shows everything from the Escalade to a c/k3500.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-leaf-spring-15030575

It is a 5 plus an overload spring pack, though the PO added three add a leaves to mine to get 6" of lift. Needless to say it rides like a dump truck!

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk