LBZ SWAP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Same here find a rolled dmax that runs that way you know you have everything it takes to get it to run

sent from my outdated S3

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's a guy who used to be on here and is occasionally on duramaxforum.com who lives about 45 minutes away from me who swapped an LB7 Duramax into a 400 RCLB. It has an NV4500 transmission too. No idea how he did it but it looks like a sick truck.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
It would be harder than any LS swap but extremely worth it. The lbs is a great base to work off of but I highly recommend getting an entire truck and also doing a complete dash swap as well since the engine controls are blended with body controls like a/c. A 12 valve is almost easier than an ls swap since you don't have but 3 words to worry about but in my opinion won't have near the power or driveability is built to the same power level especially if coupled to a 6 speed Allison.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alot of time will go into the lbz swap.

Quick and dirty is strip the wiring harness down to the bare minimum (I suggest starting w/ a van set up) and run a built 4l80e. Efi live can tune out most the unneeded functions. Then you will have a separate harness for most gauges. This is lower power set up but doable. (manual transmission would also fit here)

Next option, hybrid gmt400xgmt800 full truck wiring to keep bcm happy. This might be the toughest.

Stick the gmt800 full interior and chassis harness on your 400 and adapt a couple plugs where necessary.

source unknown

fishy

Reaction score
I am also wondering about a duramax swap. I was thinking a ecsb 2500 with a Dana 60 swap out front to handle the extra weight of the lb7 and Allison. It would be a sick truck for sure. I'm going to have to spend some time searching it. But I think having a donor truck is the way to go

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Here guys, I had looked into this for my C3500 Dually. I was really set on doing this mod, only thing is, im planning on Body dropping and it takes A LOT of room in the engine bay, which is starting to seem like it wont be doable with a Dmax... But here is a thread some one did on a Suburban... Nice build too!

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?10142-95-SUBURBAN-to-a-01-DURAMAX-ALLISON&

And this truck was a flat bed that got wrecked...

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135160&highlight=3500hd

Check it out, very well done builds

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There was a guy on tts that did an lbz swap and used a 4l80 in a 3500hd. Pretty much stripped it down to the basics for hot shotting.

source unknown

BLACK&chrome

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I've decided to for now just go with ht383 ... now just have to decide what to do for intake manifold