Laredo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In hindsight, I should have done that. Why didn't you tell me sooner?! :D
Next time check in . Hey, I didn’t realize your original motor was bad, thought it was kinda low mileage. Not worth saving for parts at least…like the heads?

rebelyell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes. The part number is 19432780. I purchased it from Jegs for $4,845.54 shipped to my door. When I ordered it, it was purportedly on backorder. However, it was delivered to my house three days later.

That is correct. Per one of the labels on the box, it was machined and assembled in Springfield, MO, using globally sourced parts.

Regarding the maple leaf, I suspect you're referring to the oil dipstick tube, which I ordered separately. A good number of parts are still manufactured in Canada. Nonetheless, it is also true that many parts are now made outside Canada and the United States (e.g., water pump [Mexico], air conditioning compressor [China], etc.).

Finally, regarding the original engine, it has been sitting outside in the elements, getting rained and snowed on. I'll probably submerge it in the earth and plant flowers in the cylinders and/or intake valley this spring.
Thank you. I'm familiar with that 19432780 part number
I also understand the springfield motors have several improvements; that all have 4 bolt main bearing caps, forged steel crankshafts and a completed mounting pad for any mechanical fuel pump (although OE camshaft still has no pump eccentric).

That new motor should see you and your family through many miles & smiles!

I'm on eastern seaboard; if we were nearby, I would make an offer to haul off the OE motor .... but oh well.

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Next time check in . Hey, I didn’t realize your original motor was bad, thought it was kinda low mileage. Not worth saving for parts at least…like the heads?
The original engine has approximately 118,000 miles. It ran great and, with exception to a minor oil leak, had no issues. Not surprisingly, after 25+ years, it was quite dirty. I debated taking it down to a bare block and cleaning/rebuilding/painting it, but I ultimately determined it wouldn't cost much more to just start with a new crate engine. This option also saved me a significant amount of time.

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you. I'm familiar with that 19432780 part number
I also understand the springfield motors have several improvements; that all have 4 bolt main bearing caps, forged steel crankshafts and a completed mounting pad for any mechanical fuel pump (although OE camshaft still has no pump eccentric).

That new motor should see you and your family through many miles & smiles!

I'm on eastern seaboard; if we were nearby, I would make an offer to haul off the OE motor .... but oh well.
I wasn't previously aware of those improvements. Thank you for telling me. It reaffirms my decision to purchase a crate engine.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In hindsight, I should have done that. Why didn't you tell me sooner?! :D
Just found this, if it matters, the Gates EMH168 has the correct rubber elbow for the GM 12553090 crankcase tube.
You must be registered for see images attach

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had a little discussion on my thread about shock orientation, I think you need to dig into it a little more. If those are Fox 2.0 I’m pretty sure the body needs to be mounted up. When I get a chance I’ll look as well.

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We had a little discussion on my thread about shock orientation, I think you need to dig into it a little more. If those are Fox 2.0 I’m pretty sure the body needs to be mounted up. When I get a chance I’ll look as well.
While most applications are body up, Fox states these particular absorbers may be mounted in either orientation. I learned this following our prior discussion.