L67 vs. 5-0 Motorsports Injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Howdy,

Doing more maintenance on the 98 K2500 Suburban and am thinking about getting replacement injectors in there. Hot start is still long time to time but mostly OK, better with the new regulator. I have 6x L67 injectors already from a previous project so I'd just have to get two more for that but I see a lot more references to the 5-0 Motorsports ones. I have HPTuners so retuning the injector table isn't an issue.

What's the recommendation for a daily driver truck I want to be cross country reliable?

Thanks

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
The 3.8L L67 injectors will not be enough to fuel the 454 that I am assuming is in your truck per you sig.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's the recommendation for a daily driver truck I want to be cross country reliable?

Thanks
Just make sure whatever you go with has injector data available. I don't see why 36# injectors couldn't be tuned for your application; they're just way bigger than you need.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what year L67, im pretty sure my 99 has different injectors than a 2004 or so. At least I thought.

How about n* injectors do those work by chance
The later injectors I'm aware of are L32 with the returnless fuel system. These are speced out for a 2000 GTP and was running them till I upgraded to 55lb/hr units.
Just make sure whatever you go with has injector data available. I don't see why 36# injectors couldn't be tuned for your application; they're just way bigger than you need.
Mainly because I have 3/4 of the needed and have seen them suggested as an alternative. I can pull the injector table from my GTP tune.

Just want to make best use of my resources where I can pick up another set from a dismantler for way less vs just shelling out $500 for a set of 5-0's but don't want to end up fighting the computer over that choice.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The later injectors I'm aware of are L32 with the returnless fuel system. These are speced out for a 2000 GTP and was running them till I upgraded to 55lb/hr units.

Mainly because I have 3/4 of the needed and have seen them suggested as an alternative. I can pull the injector table from my GTP tune.

Just want to make best use of my resources where I can pick up another set from a dismantler for way less vs just shelling out $500 for a set of 5-0's but don't want to end up fighting the computer over that choice.
Seems like a solid plan to me.

RedBurb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy,

Doing more maintenance on the 98 K2500 Suburban and am thinking about getting replacement injectors in there. Hot start is still long time to time but mostly OK, better with the new regulator. I have 6x L67 injectors already from a previous project so I'd just have to get two more for that but I see a lot more references to the 5-0 Motorsports ones. I have HPTuners so retuning the injector table isn't an issue.

Thanks
I've also decided to change out the injectors, regulator, and fuel fliter on my '97 K2500 Suburban. I don't want to mess around with possible retuning issues by introducing bigger units (higher flow rates). Does anyone have a reco for a good substitute replacement injector?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I have L67 injectors (late 90s motors) in both trucks in my sig, both supercharged. I've been happy with the L67 injectors. The injector data can be found in the ASA tune. I have one floating around for EFILive. They are 42#/hr at 4bar.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, I'll doublecheck I can edit the table on the Blackbox (CA means no 411 swap) and then get another two injectors and plan this out for when I do the plug wires.

The 454's don't have the same distributor gear eating problem that the 350's do?

Thanks