L31 to LS1 swap. Wiring info?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry, i didnt make enough sense earlier.

The original harness is the LS1 harness from the Commodore? Just want to make sure i understand correctly.
And your going to use the 411 PCM?
I really like the 12212156 OS. It works with Cable throttle, its the 2002 Camaro/Trans Am operating system.

Dont over think the wiring harness.

All the PINK wires are IGNITION FUSED 12V+ (Ive tested a 5AMP fuse on each wire except the Oxygen Sensor heater wires, They got 10 AMP) Never had a issue.

All ORANGE wires are 12V+ Battery (Meaning they are powered all the time) (7.5 Amp works good on them too)

All Black wires are Ground.

It may seem overwhelming at times but go one wire at a time, and in sections. After your first one it will be a breeze.
Im working on the 2002 Truck harness right now for my 5.3/4L80E swap.

Lewo68

Reaction score
At present I have the 0411 running my factory L31, using the 12212156 os and the factory harness with lextech`s pin conversion. The bin file is `02 express van
I think I have the injection wiring sorted with the plug drawing of which wires and colours belong to each injector. I have found the coil wiring diagrams and feel comfortable with the pin outs and wiring of these. I can see the crank sensor needs to be extended from the front to the rear of the LS1 engine.
Are there any other issues I am missing? Will the 12212156 run the 8 individual coils? Is it just another bin file to load in? `03 or `04 express van?
I believe I have the engine mounts, flex plate, exhaust and fuel systems organised. Just the wiring has me freaking a bit. As for the drive belt, worry about that when it`s in the car.
Thanks for your advise and input so far.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep your good to go. 12212156 is a good one. It will do what you want. It run 8 coils.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Lewo68

Reaction score
OK , so I just need to find a bin file to suit ls1 and load in? Any ideas on where to look? Very new at this ecu programming. Thanks

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you using HPT or EFI?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never even heard of that.
I wouldnt even know where to start to look for the correct tune file unless you know someone that has one of those vehicles..

Lewo68

Reaction score
That will make it hard. Any of these vans are quite rare over here, especially as I live in a small rural town.

Lewo68

Reaction score
Ok 10 weeks of after hours and weekend work and it now runs with the LS1 installed. Seems quite nice to drive although I haven`t yet gone very far, 1 question I hope someone on here can help with, I no longer have a temperature gauge working on the dash. The ecu temp sensor is working. Does the ecu have an output? or do I mount the old L31 temp sender and wire it up?
Thanks for the info on here with my conversion