L31 to LS1 swap. Wiring info?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok 10 weeks of after hours and weekend work and it now runs with the LS1 installed. Seems quite nice to drive although I haven`t yet gone very far, 1 question I hope someone on here can help with, I no longer have a temperature gauge working on the dash. The ecu temp sensor is working. Does the ecu have an output? or do I mount the old L31 temp sender and wire it up?
Thanks for the info on here with my conversion
Yip wire up your old one. The passenger side head has a plugged off port you can use. Will need to re-tap the hole for the L31 sensor though

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your other option is using a 3 wire sensor from a 1998 camaro. Thats what I did on my swap

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

Lewo68

Reaction score
Had a look around the engins bay, found the wiring to the dash temp gauge. Ordered a 3 wire unit as advised above. Can someone show/ advise me the sensor pin wiring so when it arrives I can hook it up. Thanks

reddog56

Reaction score
Looking for help! Did the ls ignition conversion & marine intake conversion together on my 99 350 vortec engine. started up ok but having problems with tuning. closed loop starts and it acts like its missing and ltft will stop working. Try to drive truck and it hardly goes bogging? anyone got experience tuning this conversion.