98 L31 vortec 0411 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex7295

Reaction score
Hey y’all, new to here so not sure what’s been discussed yet. I’ve got a 98 Silverado I’m going to be tossing a cam into and tuning, just waiting on the cam kit(backordered). Was thinking about doing a 0411 pcm swap so it’s ready for the cam and tune. I know that the connectors have to be repinned but if I change out the pcm beforehand, does it need to be programmed to the truck? Or can I put it in, rewire the connectors and go?

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 0411 must be reprogrammed in order to work correctly on your 98. I did this swap many years ago and used a guy by the name of Lextech I believe to program the ECM for me. There are a few things that get changed out and you will have to do a minor 1 or 2 wire modification under the hood. He has all the print outs you need for a wiring/pin swap between the oem ecm and the 411. I did the pin/connector swap in about 45 minutes outside in the dark while my wife held a flashlight lol. Truck fired right up with no issues. This is also the time to decide if you are swapping gears, changing tire size, deleting emissions, etc. All of that can get changed in the reprogramming.

Rand

Reaction score
Did you ever get the repin cheat sheet ? I am needing it also. Thanks

Alex7295

Reaction score
N
Did you ever get the repin cheat sheet ? I am needing it also. Thanks
Not from Lextech like everyone says to unfortunately, tried for months to get ahold of him and no response. I was able to find someone local where I’m from (Alberta, Canada) that has done it and got a cheat sheet from them. Going to be working on it this weekend and hopefully running next week. Message me a way to contact you and I’ll let you know if it works if you’d like?