L29 EGR pipe delete only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saab84mw

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting ready to install my rebuilt L29 engine and want to just delete the EGR pipe well I have the engine out and it’s easier to get to.

The plan is to leave the EGR valve in the intake manifold and in the near future do a 411 PCM swap and tune it out altogether along with doing some other stuff in the PCM.

FYI the rebuilt engine will have a aftermarket cam in it with a slight torque and horsepower improvement The rest of the engine Will be stuck with the exception of the injectors.

Saab84mw

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the Direction still trying to figure out what would happen if I just take out the pipe leave the EGR valve in the intake still wired in.

I was getting a CEL from time to time before my engine went South of the border.

My cats have already been deleted but still have my four 02 sensors installed in the pipes.

and I do plan on saving the pipe.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Just get the PCM tuned for an emissions delete and more power. There's a good bit on the table.

Dariank2500

Reaction score
Did you ever find out what would happen if you just deleted the exhaust piping I'm doing a similar project with mine but I don't want to change the EFI system yet but I want to install my non egr headers..