L29 454 Intake Manifold Gaskets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Just bought stuff for this job as well as a few other maintenance parts. See below:

- Mahle/Victor Reinz gasket kit
- AC Delco Fuel Pressure Regulator
- AC Delco Oil Pressure Switch
- AC Delco fuel filter
- Mahle/Victor Reinz Valve Cover Gaskets

Wanting to get some input on any other "while you're in there" recommendations for while its torn down.

Need input on injector inspection cleaning or replacement.

ALSO does anyone know if the valve covers can be powder coated on these trucks? Pretty sure the intake manifold I will have done as well. I know some pot metal valve covers cannot be powder coated effectively.

I also picked up a used top side creeper (I believe this is. Whiteside brand NLA) which I believe I will be thanking myself for on this job.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'd leave the oil switch if it's working. I'd think the new stuff would be sketchier than the new stuff. You already do injectors?

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
I'd leave the oil switch if it's working. I'd think the new stuff would be sketchier than the new stuff. You already do injectors?

Would rather not drop $500 on new injectors.

Don't have any reason to suspect them either.

Have a good cleaning method you recommend? I did get new seals and orings for them as well as a throttle body gasket and some silicone vac lines for replacements while I'm in there.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I don't beleive injectors cost $500. Last I knew you could pick them up fairly cheaply on ebay or one of the fuel injection services. You don't want new AC Delco here..... you'll pay through the nose, and they may still be the problematic design of the originals....they leak and they don't clean well.

I still have my originals, but if I were pulling the intake I'd look into replacing them.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Would rather not drop $500 on new injectors.

Don't have any reason to suspect them either.

Have a good cleaning method you recommend? I did get new seals and orings for them as well as a throttle body gasket and some silicone vac lines for replacements while I'm in there.

Professionals won't touch these injectors for cleaning. I guess they like to wash the insulation off the wire windings and they short out. I used L67 supercharged 3800 injectors on mine and flashed for the difference. I think 5.0 Motorsports has a stock replacement?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
10/10 replace those injectors, if they haven't been done before you'll absolutely regret having to tear everything back apart to replace them.
Also, Victor Reinz/Mahle gaskets have a metal core similar to the updated 350 intake gaskets, I'd have to dig through my receipt folder to verify the part number.
Oil pressure switch I would change as long as it's a good quality one, I think the one I had put in was a Delphi.