Keeping up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I've got a buddy with an 09ecsb 4x4 5.3l completely stock. My truck is in the sig, Should I be able to keep up? be faster? slower? on a Flat road about 1/4 mile. Note that my locker is currently not functioning so I usually get wheelspin, 4x4hi works good though.
He has factory locker, trac control auto 4x4, 3.73 gears. but all factory.. its actually a really nice truck

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Well i'm asking because we've had the odd highway duel and we're almost identical.. we've never raced from a complete stop though so its hard to judge.
I think if i throw in my performance tune I may be able to take him, my truck is slower in the top end of second ger though.. I know I can beat him off pavement
I'd like to show him what a truck 11 years older than his can do, Just dont wanna race him for real if i'll get smoked.. he'd never let that go.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he could beat you pretty well. I'm not sure what kind of power you are making with the 355, but I know my '07 Tahoe is pretty dang fast for a stock rolling brick.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
And to even the field, if he had a BB tune with torque management removed...there isn't a chance in hell.